In this episode, we discuss the age old “About Page” and why you might need to spruce it up.
Outline of This Episode:
- [0:30] Introduction – Is an About page still necessary?
- [1:44] Include the benefit that the customer will get from your products/services.
- [3:20] Explain the problem well and people will assume that you have the solution.
- [4:08] How to have a well-written About page – avoid jarjon, be frendly, speak in the language of your audience, or hire a copywriter.
- [8:35] How can artists show that they’re benefiting people? [Nano Lopez – Master Sculptor]
- [10:56] Tell your story – where you come from and how you ended up here.
- [12:00] The power of using video to tell your story.
- [13:45] Discuss your why – why did you start the company and what makes you diferent.
- [14:15] Mention your process – people want to know! Experts can capitalize on this by teaching their processes.
- [18:02] Talk about your strengths – what’s your experience, your certifications, etc. and craft your story.
- [23:05] Use the “about page” to collect visitors email addresses – and why Coleen hates some pop-ups.
- [26:25] How to test what’s working on your website.
- [28:06] Listener’s review