In this episode, I share my rebranding of Course Coder and Craig shares his views on how developing a good brand is like dating and marriage. Do you agree with this analogy? Also, I am still trying to decide on a tagline, what do you think it should be?? Let me know in the comments below!
Outline of This Episode:
- [0:30] Introduction – Why is brand identity so important?
- [1:05] Coleen – There’s nothing else that has given me this much clarity and focus in my business.
- [1:42] When dating – you can’t be good for anyone else unless you know who you are.
- [3:00] Coleen describes the 4 steps of the rebrand process she went through and how it was like therapy.
- [7:05] The format of the course and how it helped to get exceptional results [Brand New Brand by Kaye Putnam]
- [9:05] Like dating – you have a better idea of what you have to offer and the people you’re attracting know what they’re getting.
- [10:05] Coleen defined her core values as Honesty and Hard Work.
- [13:20] Discussion of Nike’s “Just Do It” slogan and how it brings Coleen back to her childhood upbringing.
- [17:00] Coleen’s possible taglines – “Create Results Driven Online Courses” and “The Art & Science of Online Course Creation”
- [19:38] Coleen talks about how Honesty and Hard Work is represented in her new logo – which is a lion embedded in an open book.
- [21:00] CourseCoder Color Palette – why Coleen uses 3 different shades of green and teal to represent her values.
- [22:50] Choosing a font or font pairing and why it’s important to not get stuck on choosing your visual elements [Canva Design School and Typewolf].
- [27:50] Why branding is especially important for solopreneurs and how you can see the personality in various brands, for example positivity in the Facebook decision to not have dislike buttons or YouTube’s decision to allow complete honesty in a thumbs down option.
- [30:00] The importance of consistency – and Coleen’s Brand Book.
- [32:00] Coleen’s plan to apply her brand message on social media, and in her products and services – how the FLO System came about.
- [36:40] Consistent brands – represented by entertainers such as “Queen Bey” and Oprah Winfrey and why it’s important not to copy someone else’s brand
- [42:30] How to go about doing a rebrand – and how some people have been successful, like Good Girl Gone Bad Rhianna, and some others not so successful, like Pumps and a Bump MC Hammer